Monday 11 January 2010

Afghanistan tallest man

Abdul Mutalib came to our TV station and asked if someone can took his interview.

As per normal schedule I was getting ready for my TV program “3 questions 3 answers” but all of sudden my producer asked me to conduct an interview.

I was not aware of that whom I am going to take interview when and where. In reply to my question my produce told me that as soon as you will see him you will know what you have to ask.

With great pleasure I saw a very tall man standing in the ground surrounding by all my colleagues who were busy to click his photographs in their mobile phones. I noticed that he was not much comfortable and bit shy among others “Lilliput” people compare to him.

During interviewing him I found out Abdul Mutalib from southern Afghanistan. He was a farmer. And his mother tongue Pashto as I was not fluent in Pashto so we were talking in mixed up with Pashto and Dari languages. He is married and has four children. He was not sure about his exact age but he mention may be 37 years.

He is about 7ft and not facing any trouble regarding clothes and buying shooes, he has a tailor and he is ordering shoes for himself.

“I have no problem in my life and I am proud of my height the only things which I have problem with is transportation I couldn’t get in any kinds of vehicle”. he said.

“But sometime I feel upset because I can’t live like normal people” added he.
Abdul Mutalib has sisters and brothers but they are all having normal height, his children are also having normal high.

Abdul Mutalib came to appear in TV because he wanted to show himself for the people and named himself as tallest man in Afghanistan.


By Sadia Hasanzada

1 comment: